Siphon Device Needed

Several months ago I stopped at a truck stop to gas up. I was getting sleepy so I wandered around the store for awhile and I noticed a siphon pump they were selling to siphon gas (and other liquids). It was not the old fashioned rubber squeeze bulb with hose, but was a hose with a small brass cylinder on the end. It said "just move the hose up and down a few times in the liquid to begin siphoning" (something like that). The thing sold for around $20.
Now I wish I would have bought one. I run a farm and always have something that needs to be siphoned. I learned the hard way not to suck on a hose. Those rubber bulbs seem to crack in a short time, and dont always work real well.
Does anyone know what I can get, and where? Especially something like I described. Or, is it possible to make something? I can only assume this thing contains a one way valve that shoves the liquid up the hose and begins the siphoning.
Anyone?
Alvin
Something like this.... http://www.justoffbase.co.uk/Jiggle-Syphon-Sealey-EC94 ;jsessionid112b6c1f43108ac7de61844e4cb863ffb523a5e32f.e3eTaxiMa38Te34Pa38Ta38Pb3n0?sc=2&categorya3
Barry www.woodworking.wizkids.co.uk
On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 04:21:34 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@muckleshed.com"

Thanks. That's exactly what I saw at the truck stop. Too bad it's outside of the US. Ordering things outside the US is just too much trouble as far as the money conversions and extra costs, (which I learned the hard way from an ebay transaction). But since I know the name of the thing, I'll have to google for a US distributor.
By the way, someone asked why I dont just go back to that truck stop.... The answer is because I do not recall where it was. I have been on numerous trips this past summer and can not recall where...
By the way, that coffee can thing looks interesting. I'll have to play with it.
Alvin
I was doing an experiment with a drinking straw, and the bendy bit folded down, with your thumb on top pulled out ceates a decent syphon. Wondering if you could do it with larger consentena (? spelling ?) hose....
Actually, check this out too.... http://www.earthtoys.com/emagazine.php?issue_number .12.01&article=coffeejar
Barry
On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 05:45:34 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@notmail.com wrote:

Amazon has a "Shaker Siphon" for $11- [by Hoppy].
Jim
On Oct 14, 3:45 am, snipped-for-privacy@notmail.com wrote:

If you have enough hose, just push a bunch in the tank, put thumb over end and pull out some of the hose. Does the same thing.
Harry K

Hmmmmm...... I'll have to try that. I have a stock tank to drain, and plenty of garden hoses. I never thought of that....
Thanks
Alvin