Sinkhole Near Deep Well Pump

A sinkhole, now about 2 feet deep and approx. 4 feet wide by 5 feet long, has formed within 5 feet from my deep well equipped with a submersible pump over 100 feet down. My water supply has not been affected so far and the pump is doing just fine, judging from the strong water pressure in the house. Is this just coincidence, or has the pump got something to do with it? We had a long drought here in Northern VA followed by torrential rains about 2 weeks ago. Should I be worried about this, and what can be done about it? Should I wait until the pump stops working? Thanks for any help.

I'd sure put a fence a few feet away around the area just to keep curious kids and adults away until it stops whatever it is doing.

And after you do that, call your well service company for a consultation. There may be well casing problems like a fracture or dislocation that could benefit from early intervention. Good luck.
Joe
You might have a small water leak in the pipe going to the house. =======================================================Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.
Indio Bravo wrote:

I don't see how this will affect your deep well. Just fill in the hole with gravel, top it off with top soil and reseed the lawn.
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8