Sink soap dispenser installation question

I would like to install a soap dispenser on my kitchen sink. There is a plug/cap on the sink where a sprayer hose would go, with no sprayer in it and no use for a sprayer (I have a faucet that pulls out to spray). It's a stainless steel sink, if that matters for some reason.
Can I just pop out the plug and pop in a soap dispenser? Are these openings a standard size, or do I have to measure and make sure I order a dispenser that fits the opening?
As always, thanks in advance for your cumulative wisdom!
Jo Ann

Yup, this is a 5 minute job. It just drops in. You might be up under the sink to tighten a nut
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yes you can. I did exactly the same thing myself.
BRW

I installed one years ago. It sounded like a neat idea. In the long run though, it was a mistake for me because I soon came to hate having to climb under the sink to fill it up every month or so, as well as cleaning up the soap that drips into the cabinet bottom from the dispenser's 'straw' that result when you pull of the bottle to refill it.
In my opinion, it was a waste of time. I never use it.
-snip-

I caught my wife under the sink removing ours once. She was a little sheepish when I showed her that the top just lifts off [doesn't even screw off] and you fill it from the top.
If they make models that you need to fill from under the sink- they are certainly something to avoid.
Jim
Ai yi yi! I would *hate* that. I will definitely examine them closely and make sure I'm buying a top-filling model. It's not like the far underside of the sink is a convenient spot to be visiting regularly! Thanks for the warning!
Jo Ann
Jim Elbrecht wrote:

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050700060203000301000906 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
I love mine, and it fills from the top. No big deal. I guess the newer ones have improved.
Kate

--------------050700060203000301000906 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit