Sink Makes the Toilet Run???

Hi,
Anybody have any ideas for me on this problem? I've never encountered it before. If I turn on a sink facuet or bathrub facuet, let it run for a little bit, and then shut it off, the toilet will run for a little bit and then stop.
Ever heard of this? What causes it? My only thought is that perhaps the filler valve is week and the "water hammer" effect of the momentum of the water suddenly shut off at the sink is causing the pressure to trip the water valve momentarily.
Hi,
Anybody have any ideas for me on this problem? I've never encountered it before. If I turn on a sink facuet or bathrub facuet, let it run for a little bit, and then shut it off, the toilet will run for a little bit and then stop.
Ever heard of this? What causes it? My only thought is that perhaps the filler valve is week and the "water hammer" effect of the momentum of the water suddenly shut off at the sink is causing the pressure to trip the water valve momentarily.
JG wrote:

When you turn it off, it creates a little water hammer (a high pressure pulse). That will push the valve on the toilet open a little.
You might be able to get rid of it by somehow lowering your home's water pressure and or adding a anti-hammer device on that cold water line.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

liek the other poster said, or a quick fix.....
slightly bend your float arm so the water in the tank pushes harder against the valve.
Tater wrote:

He may have the FluidMaster 400A fill valve. They are notorious for tripping on under slight pressure changes. Replace the rubber "seal" washer under the cap.
Jim

Good call -- or, possibly the pressue regulating valve has quit regulating and he does have high pressure. Worth checking. Or, there isn't one and the utility has upgraded distribution system -- that caused untold problems in a subdivision I was in in TN when they replaced a pumping station.

Sure I have it too, sometimes. It's not a problem for me. Someday my toilets valve will wear out and maybe the next one won't ever do it.

Won't this just change the water level at which the same thing happens? I guess if you got the float farther from the valve, so that there was more leverage (and less leverage at the valve end) that would help, but most floats are only an inch or two from the far end of the tank anyhow.
I agree though that in a lot of situations, changing anything can have an effect.