Sink fixture not apporved in my State - Suggestions

Does it matter? Water flow regulators cost what - two pennies? They're easy to remove. Do you expect faucet manufacturers to ship different models to different states, so save two pennies per unit?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: ...

http://license.reg.state.ma.us/pubLic/pb_pre_form.asp
Online search engine for products.
Amazing!!! Makes one glad to not be in the Commonwealth of MA. :)
Searched and it implies the online list is up-to-date and if it ain't there, it ain't approved. Didn't see anything about how to request approval for a nonlisted device...
And, of course, the plumber assuming he is licensed can't afford to violate local Code/regulation so can't blame him...
Still hard to understand the disconnect between the list and stocking distributor -- unless they're doing business out of state at a high enough level to justify the inventory costs seems like a losing proposition for them...

Say what you will about waterboarding and other forms of torture, but I think that in this case, it would be appropriate if it would get a few legislators to explain why they voted for this nonsensical law.
Of course, this being a newsgroup, it's virtually guaranteed that the OP will ***NOT*** write his elected slob to find out why he/she/it voted for this.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Oh, that's easy -- they're protecting the environment/consumer/children/constituents/etc./etc./etc. I'd wager OP particular slob probably wasn't even in office yet when the stuff got started and it simply fits w/ the general mentality of the area that somebody has to look out for "everyman".

Lately, I think "stupid" or "bribed" when politicians do ridiculous things. I wonder if that sounds cynical.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

I operate under the "never attribute to malice what can reasonably be explained by stupidity" or somesuch similar wording...
I really think for the most part they're trying to do "the right thing" but everything has the law of unforeseen consequences and what starts out as a simple, relatively rational attempt to do something like conserve water (I'm thnking of the low-flow fixtures/low-quantity flush) ends up growing into a multi-headed monster. W/ a detailed history, wouldn't surprise me at all if that were how this started...

Eminently cynical. Also realistic.
--
Regards,

I mentioned it recently at a town board meeting and was met with a negative reaction. Not sure why.
Heh. :-)