Sink drain

Every so often my kitchen sink clogs up from fat / grease residue from frying and the like. I clear it with boiling water but it is a pain when it happens.
What I want to do is route my dishwasher drain through my sink drains to get a good soapy water flush through every day.
MY sink P trap is at the right end of the double sink with the dish washer on the left side. So I thought I could just Tee in on the left end in order to flush all the lines.
Anyone see any problem with what I want to do??

No but I would recommend having a P-trap directly under each bowl. This helps prevent buildup from occuring in the drain running from the left to the right that is basically flat.
You don't need to put in a T, a special fitting is available that mounts directly to the bottom of the sink that has the takeoff for the DW
Limp Arbor wrote:

Thanks DW Nice answer!!
Al

Over 50 years cooking I have NEVER had a grease clog. I pour used grease and oil into a jar and toss it out.
Phisherman wrote:

I don't clog drains either. I just get called on to fix them..
(O: (O: (O:
Thanks Phisherman!!!
Al
I'm sure everyone reading this is screaming, "then don't pour the fat down the drain"
Even if the greese does not clog the drain in your house, it can and dous cause backups in the municipal sewer system. Call city hall and they will encourage you not to do it as well. I often see short articals in my city newspaper explaining how greese dumping is bad for the city.
I don't fry much so the cup a month I dump is not a problem but it sounds like your dumping a lot more than that. If you insist, you need to run the hot water a lot longer than you would think to flush the greese all the way to the street before it thickens or pools. Else it will accumulate on the walls of your drain pipe requiring a snake to ultimately clear it. If you have a cleanout near the kitchen sink on the outside of your house, you should run a garden hose down it every so often to act like a snke to clear the debris.
WRT a dishwasher, It is the normal practice to connect the drain to either a spot on the garbage disposer or to a sanitary tee before the P trap but you also need an air gap before it, If the drain clogs, the dishwasher water will flow out the air gap overflow into the sink basin instead of the connection.

Pipedown wrote:

Al

Yes, STOP pouring GREASE down your drain
Rudy wrote:

conversation if it addressed the question of connecting a dish washer to a sink drain.
IE: The question that was asked..