Sink clips

Page 2 of 2

sink to which anything

Last ditch perhaps, but here goes - - - -
Embed the sink in a good bead of silicon, get it squared with the counter edges and place a cement block or two in the basin(s) and let it sit for a day or two. Don't laugh at me - I've done it in a workshop counter three years ago and it's still hanging in there.
1D10T wrote:

Good 'nothing to lose' workaround, but rather than scratch and bend the basins with concrete block, I'd cut a scrap of plywood to fit over the top, resting on the edge flanges, and stack the weights on that. That will provide more even pressure, straight down on the silicone sealant. A ring of something like that is how previous owner mounted the vanity sink in this place, and it held till I had to apply excessive torque changing out the trap. That was at least ten years.
-- aem sends..
HeyBub wrote:

1. Dremel tool 2. Make slots 3. Install sink
--

dadiOH
____________________________
dadiOH wrote:

That solution is like the old saying: "You can't get there from here. You have to start from somewhere else."
Your idea is absolutely brilliant! Like Ben Franklin's invention of the bifocal glasses - incredibly obvious, but no one thought of it before.
Thinking outside the box and imminently more practical than "Can you fashion some sort of lathe?" I don't think I'm being premature in saying "Thank you."
HeyBub wrote:

Aw, shucks, twern't nuthin'
--

dadiOH
____________________________

You need to change your handle to AbsolutelyBrilliant :-)
on 2/3/2009 6:01 PM (ET) HeyBub wrote the following:

I can't imagine any type of clamp that would work with what you have described. Perhaps that sink missed a step in manufacturing and got though inspection? Maybe that's why it was on clearance. How about a bead of epoxy putty under the sink rim?.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I'm not sure I have a clear picture of what you have on your hands, but would epoxying some nuts into the channel help? If you have enough of them the load on each will be pretty low.
HeyBub wrote:

You 100% sure about that Bub? All the channels I have ever seen have a ridge in them or are shaped so that the clip will catch when it is tightened. That ridge or shape may be almost indiscernible but I'm betting it is there. __________

If you know the manufacturer of the sink they would have it. That's the best bet as the clips vary in size and design with manufacturer. If you don't, Home Depot, Ace, etc. have generic clips. I'm sure plumbing supply stores do too. Some different styles... http://www.doityourself.com/icat/sinkclip
One thing about the generics...not long ago I was putting in a used SS sink in my shop and had to get clips at HD. Well, they were really too short for 3/4 ply so I had to bevel the bottom edges of the opening so they would bear on the wood. They were like these from Ace but the tab was fixed rather than sliding. Wish I'd seen them, I wouldn't have had to bevel. http://www.acehardwaresuperstore.com/danco-sink-clip-adjustable-p-26237.html?refB
--

dadiOH