Sink clips

Page 1 of 2
I'm having a devil of a time finding some method to secure a stainless kitchen sink.
The periphery contains a U-channel into which I surmise some sort of clip will fit, securing the sink to the countertop.
Unfortunately, this U-channel is like a Helvetica "U" - that is no serifs or extensions onto which a clip will secure itself. Whatever goes in the channel must grip the sink by expanding itself (I guess) because there's no stop on the channel to keep the anchor from falling out.
If you know of the proper anchor, I'd appreciate hearing about it.
Else I'll just have to nail the sucker down...

The proper clips have a screw in them that tightens against the counter top. If you cannot find them glue it with silicone adhesive. WW

WW wrote:

Thanks, but that's not the issue.
The problem is attaching the clips to the SINK.

What did the vendor of the sink tell you?
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs
Don Phillipson wrote:

Nothing. Bought on clearance sale a dozen or more years ago. Sink is okay, I replaced the counter. In its immediately preceding life, the sink wasn't anchored at all, depending, I suppose, on gravity - or goodwill - to keep it in place.
This arrangement allowed some small amount of moisture to infiltrate the particle-board substrate with predictable results - hence the rebuild.
Now, I'm trying to do the job right and am flummoxed over holding the sink down. Fooey!
HeyBub wrote:

As someone else already said, simply use a silicone bead if available clamps won't work satisfactorily. Use some weight as the brads "until the glue dries"... :)
I've seen at least one sink that the clip rail has holes punched in it and the clips have a hook for them.

Any of these look helpful? Sink Rim Mounting Clips
http://www.plumbingsupply.com/sinkclips.html
Oren wrote:

Sadly, no. I bought a pack of #65, but there's nothing for the the "J" hook to grab.
Woe is me.

You may have to wash your dishes in the cement pond.
Or if you don't have one of those, in the gutter.

mm wrote:

Nah, got a dishwasher.
About the only thing for which the sink is actually used is as a staging area for the dirty dishes.

Gravity is still working, but global warming makes its long time future dubious.

Go look at your friends' sinks, or better yet, sinks on display whereever you bought the sink.
My kitchen sink was simply attached, though I don't remember how.
There are myriad clips made to adapt to sinks of all rim configurations.
Here are just a few - http://d21c.com/krnspn/PIC2/sinkclips.html
Guess I'd have to lug that bad boy to a plumbing supply house, and ask the counter man what he's got to git 'er done.
Joe
On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 10:12:48 -0600, HeyBub wrote:

The sink is supposed to have an aluminum frame around it between the counter and sink. The clips that hold the frame in look like these. The clips are of different shapes to adjust for the counter top thickness.
(Amazon.com product link shortened)5DVOZOPBFMAN&tagalt57199-20&linkCode=asn
The frame looks like this. The frames come in all sizes.The frame overlap the sink edge and the counter-top with a sealing agent under the frame. The frame cross section is the shape of a "T" with a hook edge at the bottom of the "T". The clip hooks on this hooked edge of the "T". http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId 79031
Hope this makes sense. If not ask and I will try to make it clearer. I couldn't find a better example.
On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 17:16:20 -0500, RLM wrote:

(Amazon.com product link shortened)5DVOZOPBFMAN&tagalt57199-20&linkCode=asn
This example shows adjustable clips for the frame. http://www.acehardware.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId &31417
RLM wrote:

Thanks, but all your example involve some sort of "J" bracket that hooks on to something. In my case there is nothing to hook onto!
There is a "U" frame circling the sink, but it has no lips (kinda like I felt after dating a University of Texas Longhorn Band French Horn player) to hook onto.
I'm a goner.

HeyBub, can't post a pic?

Take another look at the "corner clip". Looks like it has a thumb screw. Insert the clip at a corner(s) and not along the sides of the sink.
http://www.plumbingsupply.com/sinkclips.html

This it?
http://retrorenovation.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/sink-clips.jpg

No. Look at the link above for a corner clip, one I'm mentioning.

1D10T wrote:

else can clip, hook, grab, infiltrate, tie, or grasp. Your picture has some well-placed slots into which some maner of clip can grip.
Well, fugg it. It's not like the sonofabitch is gonna levitate itself into the cosmic ether or miracle itself into the next room!
Thanks, everybody, for the searching and suggestions.