Single pole illuminated switch?

Is anyone aware of a standard wall switch that illuminates in some way when the circuit is ON?
I have found just the opposite -on when OFF- but I prefer to see ON=ON, OFF=OFF.
On the other hand, is there a way to make the illuminated OFF switches reverse their indication?
Thanks
snipped-for-privacy@worthless.info wrote:

I think there is such a thing. It requires configuring on the switch. On-On or Off-On, two choices.
An "illuminated" switch is lit when the switch is off, a "pilot light switch" is illuminated when the switch is on. All major manufacturers make them

Leviton 1221-7P is a light in handle pilot light single pole switch. They do require a neutral to operate

snipped-for-privacy@worthless.info wrote:

Why would one need such a thing unless the light is so remote one can not see it. Even if there is reason there is something inside you that will help - your brain.
Lou
On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 06:58:09 -0500, LouB wrote:

My father had just such a switch to indicate whether the garage lights were left on. Not such a silly idea.
franz frippl wrote:

Indeed. I've got such a switch in the hall to control (and indicate) several attic lights. Right next to the swing down attic steps. A nice reminder of wasted electricity.
Also, some switches control outlets rather than lights and it may be desirable to see that the outlets are 'live'.

And for the basement lights ;-)
-larry / dallas

I'm thinking if you have a light inside, say, a clothes closet in a bedroom and the switch is outside the door, that would be useful.
nate
Bingo! We have a lighted closed in our spare room. The wife was leaving the light on occasionally (ok, almost every time sue was in it!). I tried the lowest wattage bulb which wasn't met with great enthusiasm! So an eliminated switch was the answer. Mine is actually a switch with a red light above it in a single switch plate, but I can see it from the hall if it is on, and she can too, so the light is not on much at all any more!

How about LED holiday lights? Wal-Mart has some small white lights that are really bright. The whole string of 60 uses less than 3W.
BTW, I used that solution in my bathroom and seldom need anything else.

Funny typo :-)

That'd be useful for outdoor lights, with the switch inside.
[snip]

Mark Lloyd
Re: Single pole illuminated switch?:

Brain? I guess that leaves you out.
On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 23:13:26 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@worthless.info wrote:

I got one of those switches at Lowe's. The switch and light can be wired separately, so you can get what you want.

Mark Lloyd