Singer Heaters

I have some old singer electric heaters, and I need part for them. Where can I buy parts for these. I checked their website, I guess they stopped making heaters or something. These are installed in a property I own. Here is some info I found: Model: WA - 20 Cat: 5990 - MP Volts: 240 Amps: 8.3 Watts: 2000 Ph. Cy.: 1/60
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

I think they stopped making HVAC equipment back in the 70s. Shame, too. They were built like tanks......

You did not say what parts you need. There is almost always a universal, generic part that will work. Usually you have to take the old part to a real supply house and they can help you figure out what you need.
I have a 1978 Singer furnace and was able to find a replacement gas valve with only 2 stops.
Colbyt
Ali wrote:

This is Turtle.
I use to install Singer Commercial hvac equipment years back and then Arco Air bought them out. i install some of the Arco Aire equipment then , ICP Inter City Products Bought them out. Then Arco Aire kept the name but Carrier bought them out.
So Singer sold to Arco Aire, then sold to ICP , then sold to Carrier.
I know just about all the parts on these old Singers and if you like to e-mail me and I can tell you about the parts you may need. Just about all the parts can be replaced with Universial Type , Hiel , or Aroaire Parts on those old Singer Units. I don't sell parts !
TURTLE
replying to TURTLE, mkcinci wrote:

Is there a place to still buy replacement parts for circa late 1970s Singer electric furnaces?
Mark
replying to TURTLE, dick wrote:

I have a garage heater that blue the transformer. This is the information I have.
GE Transformer 9T56Y1806 KVA-150 60- HZ 240 volts 120 volts
Any information on where I can get one would be greatly appreciated.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
On 11/20/2014 12:44 PM, dick wrote:

Call GE or your local commercial electric supplier.
dick wrote:

Hi, Unless you need exact repelacement looks like small x-former. Is it on 120 or 240V? secondary is usual 24V?
replying to TURTLE, paul wrote:

hi..we are looking for......MOTOR FOR SINGER WALL HEATER....approx. 1970
MODEL W-15 V240 CAT 5990-A AMP 6.3 WATTS 1500 ASP 2126 316 25A 277 V AC 2HP....277 VAC THANK YOU

How long has TURTLE been gone? Ten years?
--
Bobby G.

On Sun, 13 Dec 2015 03:44:02 +0000, paul

Turtle's live a long time. But they don't post here when they're over 100.

At this stage of the game, 35 years later, it's absurd to think you'll be able to find the part based on the appliance youre putting it into, unless Singer itself has it.
You should be looking for a motor that fits the space you have.
I was going to suggest https://www.amresupply.com/catalog/Utility-Universal-C-Frame-Motor-Kits-651591-MG1A one of which is 240 volts, but they are only about about 1/100HP. Still, that might be enough. See my notes inline.

No motor for non-industrial use is 1500 watts. That just shows how silly it is to try to find a motor based on the label of the heater.
No motor for non-industrial use is 6.3 amps.

Nor is one 25 amps. My whole 6-room apartment including the refreigerator motor and the vacuum cleaner when I used it was only 20 amps.

Or 2 horesepower!!
What does the motor do? What's wrong with the motor? Does the motor have a name plate on it? With ratings? What does it say?
And trace the wiring to make sure the voltage on the motor is the same as the voltage on the heating element. How many wires lead to the whole heater?

On 12/13/2015 1:52 AM, Micky wrote:

Several years ago, Turtle postd that he'd fallen off a ladder, and had some head injury. Said the doctors don't know much about head injuries. We've not heard much from him since then. Hope he is okay, but I doubt that he is.
Sounded like a good guy, and usually treated me kindly on the lists.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Sorry to hear that. I may have read it but if so, it was several years ago and I'd forgotten. Sorry about that too.

On 12/13/2015 9:40 AM, Micky wrote:

No worries. I'd guess you have a few things to keep your mind occupied in your own life.
I've forgotten people on occasion.
--
.
Christopher A. Young