Simple Gyprock question

Hello... I am gyprocking a very small bedroom (9ft X13 Ft floor space X 8 ft high walls) What is the typical thickness for the wall and what is typical thickness for the ceiling?... Thanks... Jim

For residnetial work...1/2" all around is pretty typical.
cheers Bob

For residnetial work...1/2" all around is pretty typical.
cheers Bob
Ditto on the 1/2 inch sheetrock...Order 14 foot rock for the 13 foot wall and the ceiling as well if needed to eliminate butts to make it a little easier for you to finish..Rent a drywall lift as well...You'll be glad you did...HTH....

you can use fiberglas insulation for sound and heating/cooling comfort in the wall cavity. use the thicker and fire rated "X" drywall to do an improved job. you're ready to do all that labor, use materials you will be impressed with at small additional materials cost. and for paint, i would seal, prime, prime, topcoat, topcoat. but first see other considerations including climate and basement considerations at: http://www.buildingscience.com/resources/homeowner_resources
Jim wrote:

1/2"

1/2" all around is what I would use. If it is your first time you might enjoy and benefit from a series of articles I just posted under drywall at the site in my sig line.
Be happy to answer any questions here in this thread.
--
Colbyt

Colbyt:
For what it's worth, your URL does not work from Google Groups (which I am forced to use at work).
I get a page that says: The page - www.google.com/www.househomerepair.com - does not exist.
Typically, when clicking a URL in a post, I would get a "quick" page that tells me I am be redirected to the page I'm looking for and then the page appears.
Other than your's, I've never had any problem accessing web pages via URL's posted in this group.
Yeah, I know..another reason not to use Google groups, but as I said, I have no choice at work.

Colbyt:
For what it's worth, your URL does not work from Google Groups (which I am forced to use at work).
I get a page that says: The page - www.google.com/www.househomerepair.com - does not exist.
Typically, when clicking a URL in a post, I would get a "quick" page that tells me I am be redirected to the page I'm looking for and then the page appears.
Other than your's, I've never had any problem accessing web pages via URL's posted in this group.
Yeah, I know..another reason not to use Google groups, but as I said, I have no choice at work.
Has that always been the case or is it a recent development? Looking at the malformed link you posted above and even clicking on it makes it very clear why it does not work.
If it is a new situation I imagine it is just a temporary glitch.
Thanks for telling me about it.
Colbyt

I can't say whether is a recent development or not because I've never tried your link before.
Other links still work, such as the one in buffalobill's response in this thread, just not yours.
I'm going to try something...
First I'll paste the complete URL in this response:
http://www.househomerepair.com /
Then I'll copy/paste the string from your post:
www.househomerepair.com
Now I'll post this response and try both links.
Be right back!

The full link works, the one without the http:// doesn't.
Next test:
http://www.northerntool.com/
www.northerntool.com

That's it!
You have to have the http:// or the redirect doesn't work, at least not on my machine.
The page - www.google.com/www.northerntool.com - does not exist.

That's it!
You have to have the http:// or the redirect doesn't work, at least not on my machine.
The page - www.google.com/www.northerntool.com - does not exist.
Okay. Thanks very much. I finally figured out how to edit the sig. :)
Let's see if it worked.

Forgot to include the sig
--
Colbyt
Please come visit http:// www.househomerepair.com

re: "I finally figured out how to edit the sig"
Not really... :-)
The new sig *shows* the http:// but it's not included in the link.
Here's a copy/paste from your post. It looks like there's a space before the www so the http:// is not part of the URL.
http:// www.househomerepair.com
Here's a copy/paste from your post. It looks like there's a space before the www so the http:// is not part of the URL.
Yeah! I figured that out <sigh>
I fixed it now.
Colbyt
On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 14:27:22 -0500, Colbyt wrote:
http://househomerepair.com/3/Drywall-1.html

The typical thickness is one-half inch. The ceiling install requires more screws.