Simonton Prism Bronze vs. Reliabilt Survivor 5600

Lowe's is running a special on the Reliabilt Survivor 5600 series - free Low-E and Argon.

A contact at a local Norandex/Reynolds dealer suggested the Simonton Prism Bronze series.

With all other features being equal (grids, screens, etc) and the prices within a few dollars of each other, which window would be the better choice?

They're going in a basic colonial in western NY where the owners plan to live for 5 - 6 more years. The install will be a DIY project.

Thanks!

Reply to
DerbyDad03

The one with the more durable moving parts, sliders (if double hung), hinges & cranks (if casement). In a few years you wont care a bit about energy, but only if they lasted mechanically.

Reply to
RickH

Thanks, Mr Obvious. Kidding! :-)

Specs such as U-factors and R-values are somewhat easy to find (I have most of them, and they are comparable) but things like "the more durable moving parts" aren't listed on any spec sheet. I was hoping someone familiar with both brands could speak to that sort of stuff.

Reply to
DerbyDad03