Similar Housing Search

Hi!

I know this isn't quite a repair question, but thought people would be knowledgeable here about this. By any chance, does anybody know of any web sites that you can find an identical/similar houses to the one I have? With the advent of Google Streetview, I could imagine something existing out there. For example, take the general shape of the outside of your house, and see other houses that are similar to it. If that's not available, maybe some floorplan templates? You specify the dimensions and locations of non-movable things in the room (windows, doors), and it can draw something up that would be the most efficient, such as which cabinets should go where.

The problem I'm having is that I have a rather unique house in Chicago. It's a smaller house that was built in the 40's. Everything is pretty plain and bland, and I'm looking to see other houses like mine to get ideas.

I know I can probably go to a home designer, but I'm a little iffy about going. So, if anybody has any ideas, that would be great.

Thanks!

Reply to
wiz561

Some architectural styles have generic names, like "cape". Does yours? If so, some of the better realtor's sites might be searchable based on a term like that. If you don't know whether your house's style has a name, showing a picture to a realtor might yield some clues.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom