Silver solder good enough from water & radiator pipes?

After looking info on joining copper pipes I read thsi page: http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/pl_pipes_fittings/article/0,2037,DIY_14190_2270855,00.html
It instructs to use silver solder to join copper pipes. Will the join be strong enough?
Dave wrote:

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/pl_pipes_fittings/article/0,2037,DIY_14190_2270855,00.html
Well, I guess so, since most of the water pipes already in existence were soldered with regular lead based solder before it was eliminated and silver solder is much stronger.
It's only been eliminated from the plumbing department. You can still get it and use it if you please. I won't use the "fake" solders myself.

Yes: www.engineersedge.com/solder_joint_design/solder_materials_calc.htm
Should be, you need to be careful not to overheat the pipe as the melting point of silver solder is higher than regular solder.

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/pl_pipes_fittings/article/0,2037,DIY_14190_2270855,00.html
Silver solder doesn't melt at a temperature anywhere near hot enough to be in danger of overheating the pipe ( unless someone is doing their soldering VERY wrong to begin with)..we are talking low temperature silver solder here, not silver brazing alloy!
--

Mike S.

"Jeff" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
I've done a bunch of soldering, flare, compression, etc.
This web page is very hard to understand. I've never used silver solder for water copper fittings. As to being a "master plumber", he sure writes miserable web sites.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

True, but it takes more heat than tin/lead solder and in the hands or an amateur, they can raise hell with oxidation and a wimpy torch trying to get the joint up to temperature.

Yes
--
For every complicated, difficult problem, there is a simple, easy
solution that does not work.