Silicone or caulk?

I need to install a new shower door. A trip to Ace Hardware confused me...I was looking for clear silicone to seal it but it just said "used for interior/exteriors doors,windows" - nothing about bathrooms. There was a clear caulk that was mildew resistant. I didn't buy anything. I think the man who installed my other one said he was using clear silicone. So what is best for bathroom shower doors and will resist mildew and mold?
Dorothy

me...I
clear
who
for
Exterior mildew resistant clear silicone will likely work, but they sell silicone for bathroom/shower applications, but it may have the same ingredients. I tend to find a matching color vs clear, as clear can look like a repair job if you are not expert at laying it on flat and flush.. If the tile or backing is white, use pure white bathroom silicone caulk/sealer. Make sure it is fresh, and you will likely get by with a tube, vs cartridge. With a tube, you can snip the very tip off and get a finer bead that doesn't show so much. Be sure both mating surfaces are totally clean and dry. Silicone does not age well, so just buy what you need.

There are plenty of silicone sealers at home centers clearly marked for bathroom use.
The base stuff in any silicone caulk/seal/adhesive is the same regardless of stated purpose or manufacturer. There are additives to make it more paintable, to inhibit mold, etc. Stuff for bathrooms usually has a mold inhibitor added, otherwise it is the same as the unpaintable stuff used for other purposes.