silicone caulk

I know to use de-natured alcohol to clean a tub prior to re-caulking with silicone. But I read that you should use the de-natured alcohol to smooth the bead after applying the caulk. Is that better than using water on your finger? Patt
Patt wrote:

For smoothing caulk I use white vinegar for silicone and water for latex based.
I don't know but after many attempts to use silicone caulk, I found that masking tape on both sides of the bead is the only way to get a really nice job.
Patt wrote:

Soap and water