signal when someone is in the little back yard?

That's a good idea.

That would be a good thing for me to mention. How might itt attract problems?
mm wrote:

Gee, I'd be inclined to let the person watch their kid, rather than use the sister for babysitting. Too busy to watch? Six foot fence? You stated some good reasons for not going along with the plan. Wonder what they think a six-foot fence will do when someone wants at their kid?

I agree with you. And her sister's only 7! And the mothers I know say they shouldn't be left alone even with a fence.

I haven't kept up with the entire thread so it may have been mentioned.. How about a motion sensor from security type light wired to a buzzer.. aimed at your side of her fence? or where you pass between the two houses? Chuck (in SC)