Sign paint recommendation

I am going to make some signs where I will rout in names and symbols. The routed channels should be about 1/2" wide and about 1/4" deep. I would like to just be able to pour some paint into these channels, and let them sit in the sun for a week and dry. Any suggestions on a long lasting paint that will hold its color for a good while, too. The signs will be made out of redwood, and will be out in the sun, rain, snow 24/7. Or a better suggestion for a type of wood?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

theres sign paint a friend uses its very durable

Reply to
hallerb

Thats a lot of paint for a line. It may take more than a week to completely cure. Why not brush it in, most Acrylic paint is too thick to fill a groove without some troubles, you would have to pour so slow that you could easily brush in the same time. Are you looking to save time that way or achieve a solid fill of paint (if so try tinting some epoxy).

Reply to
PipeDown

I would not cut channels and fill them with paint. Likely, first of all, to have the surface crack or blister. With a thin coat, the routing is likely to get moisture in and allow the paint to peel. Paint film that covers such narrow areas (bottom and sides of your channel) probably won't grip as well as the rest of the board. Use good exterior oil primer and paint.

Reply to
Norminn