siemens washing machine not working

my Siemens 1100 Washing Machine has just stopped working. It starts filling OK, but after the fill has stopped, nothing else happens !! Any thoughts ? Thanks, Rich

Reply to
rich

Timer

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Advance the timer manually and see if the next cycle works. Timers are notorious for dying. Our wash machine has a bad timer right now. We have not had the money for a new one and the timers cost half the price of a new machine, so we just advance it manually and it does the laundry just fine. It's a pain in the ass, but it cleans the laundry. I still want to see if I can get a new motor for the timer. Those small motors seem to be the part that mainly dies. I think we have had 4 machines with bad timers over the years. Most of them were junky machines but the one we have now is a good machine except for the timer. With any luck, I hope to find an identical machine that is a junker, and still has a good timer. A local appliance store has piles of junkers, and are glad to give them away for free because it cost them to dispose of these junkers. They said they would call me if they get a similar model.

Reply to
robertsrules

Did you try what Robert suggested? I bought a refurbished Roper washer and when I got it home It would fill up and do nothing more. I advanced the timer and it still did nothing. I called the appliance shop I bought it from and they came out and had it fixed in 10 minutes. Turns out, when they had it a part to put the new transmission in it, they forgot to plug the connector in for the lid switch. Just another thought.

Reply to
gorehound

Thanks for the advice on this.Turns out it was the brushes on the motor. They'd worn down, so just a case of replacing them.

Reply to
rich