siding on house

I have some siding on my house. It looks like really cheap stuff because a fter 20 years, it is warping and water damage caused some of the layers to bubble up. I don't want to replace all of the wall. I visited 3 lumber ya rds trying to match the panels that are on the wall, but had no luck in fi nding someone who carries the same brand and pattern. Each panel is made up of a particle board piece made to look as if it were 3 horizontal panels. The piece is about 12 feet long and 1 foot high. I w as thinking of cutting a piece of concret board to look like the 4 inch hig h board and stacking them 3 high. The bottom lip looks as if it has a beve led lip on the bottom. Do you think I can make the replacement pieces to look exactly like the oth er pieces that are there? Or is that just too hard to match unless one has serious experience and tools.
Here it is. Even though I rotated pic, it needs to be rotated 90 deg CW. http://memphis.craigslist.org/wan/5219344368.html
On Sunday, September 13, 2015 at 12:17:45 AM UTC-5, Deodiaus wrote:

When I needed to match an area...I removed one from the back of the house, and put a smooth Masonite board in its place.
On 09/12/2015 11:56 PM, Deodiaus wrote:

Particle board should not be used on an exterior...I'd consider replacing it all.
If there is just one panel though that needs to be replaced, maybe you could just replace it with individual boards of the same size as the fake ones.
I think you're talking about masonite clapboard. It may be still available, but it never was a good idea. You could possibly make your own, out of the tempered masonite, which is slightly water resistant. Probably a better idea would be to switch to cedar clapboard, changing out the old stuff gradually as it breaks down.