siding on hilltop home

hi!

i am about to purchase my first home and i am looking at a property that has a hilltop home. on the front side, here is a 110ft drop, so it's quite a slope.

the house needs the siding (currently wood) replaced and i am tying to get an idea/estimate on how much this would cost.

i am thinking about replacing the siding with stucco or some other material. i assume this would have to be done using some form of scaffolding? what are the ballpark cost for scaffolding on such hillsides?

does anyone have any experience with hillside construction/repair work? i know it's hard to say and i needto get an estimate from a contractor but i would like to get some seneral suggestions from this gorup.

as a sidequestion, does anyone have a list of some good alternatives to wood siding?

thanks a lot in advance,

-r

Reply to
Rene Limberger

Rather than depend on guesses from us, why not talk to a local contractor that does work in places like that? Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Local costs and your particular and unusual conditions require an on site visit. In addition, worrying about a part of the construction process seems unproductive. I suggest choosing a couple of siding systems that are technicly and aestheticly appropriate.

Tom Baker Charleston SC

Reply to
Tom Baker