siding

I am trying to fix my siding. As you see on the attached pictures there is some rot underneath the existing siding. What would be the best way to handle it ? When I poke the knife in the rotten part it seems solid after I go =BD=94 deep

  1. take the existing panels and put new hardie panels and just cover it ?
  2. take the existing panels out, treat the mold with some KILLZ and then 1 ?
  3. mess with 2X4 and replace them ?

I plan to stay in my place for a few years. I already put some hardie trim 1X4 on the other side of the siding. I did not discover any deterioration of the siding (under rotten previous 1X4 wooden trim) so I assumed there is nothing going on underneath.

I really welcome any suggestions you guys might have =96 thanks

chilangopolaco