sidin falling off, need some help.

Hi,

I've been having some problems lately with a small piece of siding that was cut like a pyramid that goes on the peak of the wall.

It keeps falling. Iput it and lock it properly and it seems secure but after awhile it falls.

I am starting to get tired to have to climb to the roof to put it back again. Is there a way that I can fix that thing for good? I thought of using some screws at the bottom to hold it against the other siding panel, but it wouldnt look good.

I also used some silicone to see if it would glue with no luck. What else can be done sort of nailing/screwing the damn piece?

Thanks.

Reply to
HammerJoe

I had that problem on a shed I built. One small panel nail at the very top point. Depending upon the height from the ground, almost invisible.

Reply to
Willshak

Paint over the nailhead.

Any reason not to replace the top chuck with a wooden plank, with or without a decorative carving?

Reply to
Goedjn

Use one nail at the very top. Use an aluminum nail with a very small head or a galvanized wood shingle nail with a small head. Just don't use a regular nail unless you'd like a rusty streak running down the wall. Take the piece of siding to an artist friend and get them to mix up a bit of oil paint to color match. Put the dab in a zip-lock bag and store it in a freezer until you are ready to paint the nail.

If you just can't get yourself to nail it, then try a little double stick carpet tape applied to the inside lock of your piece or the lock to which it engages on the panel below it.

Randy R. Cox

Reply to
Randy Cox