Sidewalk slab dividers

About 22 years ago I mixed/poured/allegedly-finished a little sidewalk behind the house.
I used the old asphalt slab dividers. They are now totally disintegrated. I'm not strongly inclined to try to fit similar asphalt dividers (the gaps are a little wavy).
Any alternatives for replacement dividers?
Thx, Puddin'
"Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens!" -Friedrich Schiller
Puddin' Man wrote:

I guess the question is why do you want to bother replacing them?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

Being as I live not on the North or South Pole, weeds grow in the spaces. I'm tired of hitting 'em with weed killer.
Also, the sharp edges could cut my dawg's paws. Also they don't look nice. Etc.
"Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens!" -Friedrich Schiller

I'd just use the fiber expansion in use now. Or you could put a crack sealer in there (clear or asphalt)
On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 19:29:14 -0500, Puddin' Man

Clean out the old junk and clean the crack well; let dry. Then stuff a piece of foam backer rod (1/2 in or 5/8 diameter round foam strips usually sold by the weather stripping) into the crack, pushing it down about 1/2 inch. Run a bead of concrete colored urethane caulk on top of the rod. Leave the caulk slightly below the surface of the concrete.
Urethane caulk is great stuff. It won't last forever, but it will probably last longer than the asphalt strip did. I did this where my limestone step treads meet the brick risers. Been 5 years and it still looks good.
This will only work well if the slabs are solid and don't move around a lot.
Paul F.
On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 19:29:14 -0500, Puddin' Man

Use concrete caulk. If the crack is wider than 1/4" use a foam backer.