side discharge AC compressor questions

Hi,

I am looking for AC units that have side discharge compressors and (hopefully) smaller foot prints. I live in So. Cal. and have little room for adding this equipment. So far, I have only found a BARD which is only rated 10 SEER and Carrier which has good energy efficiency, but costs $$$$$.

Any other units to consider? Lennox has a 24" square up fan (hs29 - elite) that with the necessary clearance is my only other option.

I currently do not have AC and do not expect to run this often.

tia

Reply to
Joe

AFAIK, the only companies making horizontal discharge condensers are Bard and Carrier (commercial). Sounds like you are on top of it.

Travis Jordan

Another option is a mini-split. Search google.

Reply to
GETCOOL-MARK

Trane makes some that are square discharge, meaning the air is discharged all around the unit instead of up or all in one direction...

HTH

Reply to
HeatMan