Side by side fridge - power source ???

In order to get a new side by side fridge into my kitchen, they have to remove the doors to get it thru an opening and then reinstall the doors like the LAST TIME 14 years ago on the old fridge.
Since there is ONLY A WATER HOSE CONNETION in the door that needs to be disconnected for the ice and water THRU THE DOOR mechanism, WHERE does the power to the buttons come from since there is NO electric connection to be broken ?
Does power somehow travel thru the metal door like the chassis of a car being the NEGATIVE ?
If so, what kind of VOLTAGE are we talking about ?
I called Whirlpool customer service and the girl had NO answer except to say that there was SIMPLY A WATER HOSE to be disconnected and a couple of bolts to remove the door.
TIA

Magic. It has to be. I just looked at my KA and it has no wires. I do have a light at the ice/water dispenser and the light goes out then the door is opened. It goes back on when the switch on the freezer is pushed in. I don't see any connector, wires, strings, only the door hinges. Gota be magic.
wrote in message

Remove the plastic cover over the top hinge. Most have the wires at the top and the hose at the bottom.

Bingo! Well hidden, they come down into the door there.

Unless your buttons are totally mechanical, there must be as set of wires and connector. On my fridge the water line passes through the bottom hinge and wires pass through the top hinge. Mine has a 'molex' type connector like you would find in an automoble. You must remove a plastic hinge cover in order to access the wires/connector.

No. But if it did use a chassis negative then you would still need more wires to do something, just like anything in your car would.

Well my fridge has a night light so I assume it is 120V. It could be anything up to 120V. Kevin

Uhm... where does the power connect to your kitchen sink faucet? It works without electricity.

He was asking about where the power for the buttons and lights in the door come from. Others already pointed out that the wires are well hidden in the hinges.

Ya... I noticed afterwards.
Many that I've seen are simply mechanical... But it's been a while since I took one of these things apart.