Shutting off leaky faucett

I've replaced the washers, changed the tap assembly on the top, and used a reseating tool.
However there is a small hole in the seat of this 50 year old bathroom tap that means it will leak forever. This is for an elderly relative & their water bills are going thu the roof.
Can I use plaster of paris or similar to shut thing off until they can afford a new vanity unit?
gtoomey
i would try some jb weld
randy

"I've replaced the washers, changed the tap assembly on the top, and used a reseating tool. However there is a small hole in the seat of this 50 year old bathroom tap that means it will leak forever. This is for an elderly relative & their water bills are going thu the roof. Can I use plaster of paris or similar to shut thing off until they can afford a new vanity unit? "
Plaster of paris to fix a valve seat? Why not try bubble gum too? Geez, you can get a whole new cheapo faucet for under $30 at the home centers.
Gregory Toomey wrote:

Let's see: Georgey knows about reseating tools and the proper name for the seat, and he suggest plaster of Paris.... Sure sounds like a troll to me.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math