Shrinking vinyl wallpaper?

My house is about 19 years old now. After about 10 years, all the vinyl wallpaper started shrinking and peeling. Thos photo is in an unused 2nd bath. Every edge is curled back, and if they're flattened out, they no longer meet:
http://webpages.charter.net/dwarner2/wallpaper.jpg
Here's a corner in the kitchen..
http://webpages.charter.net/dwarner2/corner.jpg
(Yes, I'm single, extremely lazy, I hate wallpaper hanging, and I'm curious to see if it eventually all falls off the wall. )
Has anyone seen this shrinkage problem before? Should I avoid replacing it with more vinyl?
it looks as though on the original install it was not done right. It may have been a prepasted paper that was underglued, or many other things. Properly hung paper would last. It looks as though it will pull off easily.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote:

It's more than that, the stuff actually shrunk. Before it started peeling, the edges began pulling away from one another. This makes me wonder if all vinyl wall"paper" has the same problem over time.
Also, the paper was done by the builders. I bought the house new.
its a poor instal, wrong wall surface = not sealed with oil primer , no sizing, not enough or wrong glue . ask the wall paper co , or Any wall paper co. your builder screwed you and Cheaped out on the install, but he was cheap and got screwed himself.... cheap = cheap
On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 23:20:14 -0500, Doug Warner

As Ransley said, it looks to be under glued. This often happens when do it yourselfer's hang paper.
These manufacture's recommend using a water tray & dip the paper through it. (assuming pre-pasted) Problem is the amount of glue on these papers vary considerably.
A better method is to lay the paper out on a table- start with water & add glue to the water until you have the proper gooeyness. Yes it's a word, I just used it.
As Ransley also said, it will be easy to remove.
Since you hate hanging it hire a pro. Or take it off, wash the old glue & paint.