Showerpan costs

Does $200 sound right for a 60 inch shower pan? I am taking out a tub and looking to put in a shower but dont want to tile the shower base as I only have one bathroom and I figure that would add a day.

I went to the special order department at both HD and lowes but both times I delt with people that should be in special ed. Acutally that would be offensive to people in special ed. the guy from lowes before looking anything up told me to try homedepot. He didnt even want to open the books

$200 seems like a lot to spend on a shower pan when I know I paid only about $300 for a whole stall for one of my rentals.

Since 48 inches seems to be more of a standard shower size if I sized the shower down to 48(I can move the wall oppsite the shower head easily) would that bring the price down a lot as it should be more standard?

This would also give me more space on the other side of the bath which is set up for a stackable washer/drywer. I was considering this even without looking at the price

Reply to
Rich

It take it that this is not for your own home, but a rental? Why else would you worry about one day delay for something that you would be living with for a long time.

I suggest finding a real plumbing supply not a DIY Big Box.

Good Luck

BTW I believe it is the fool who saves a penny now and must pay a dollar later to make up for it.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan