Showerhead that gives 'needly' spray and is super-easy to install (I'm all thumbs).

If you have any recommendations, any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Home Depot sells a very small water saving shower head that provides a strong spray of water. Unscrew the old shower head, wrap the threads of the pipe with teflon tape and screw on the new shower head.
Lena

All of them are super-easy to install. As Lena said, be sure to have teflon tape to apply to the threads. You're supposed to wrap a layer of the tape around the threads, in the direction that the shower head will be tightened - clockwise, in other words.
Buy a spray wand type! and not a DELTA! their regular faucets are great but their wand showerhead is a pile of crap:(
The wand type cost just a few bucks more but is highly adjustable and best of all makes cleaning shower tub a snap!
Its the best cheap thing I bought just based on the convenience of clean up! No more cups of water tossed on the tile:)
For a stronger feeling just remove the flow restrictor it pulls out easy. you will use more water but get a much better shower feeling if you want the needly type!
dont forget the teflon tape

Agreed. It's also great when you need to use the tub for other chores, like washing the dust off of houseplants, or cleaning window screens when it's too cold to do it outside with the hose.
Or washing the dog:)
That wand has a long list of helpful uses!!!

Don't mention dogs around me, please.
We have FOUR! They are very friendly! and love visitors. Never bite but might lick you to death:)

It's gardening time. The dogs are out. Dogs and gardens do not go well together. The terminations will begin shortly. :-)
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Agree!! Can't believe how many years I went before doing it. Another benny is the ability to adjust the spray without having it spraying on you.
Harry K

The "Incredible Head",costs $5 at Home Depot.Not fancy looking,though.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

That's the one! Thanks, Jim, couldn't think of the name. I believe it comes in two versions, one having a shut-off valve to really conserve water while lathering up.
Lena

Yes,I have the no-valve version. I enlarged every other hole in the disc by a very small amount and it gives a better shower,some needle spray and some coarser.(my preference) I don't even run the faucet at full output.
But it's not a designer showerhead. ;-)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

I forgot to add;the thing I like the best about "The Head" is that the water comes out in a narrow cone,and thus spreads less and more of the water goes on my BODY instead of the walls and shower curtain like a conventional head.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Thanks to all for your quick and informative replies.