Shower tile & alternatives

I have an irregularly shaped stand up shower in my master bathroom. It is currently tiled with the normal 5" or so tiles. The grout seems the start disintegrating every year or so and I have already had to chip it out and regrout it a couple of times. Each time I seal it, also. So, I have a couple of questions:

  1. Is this normal for grout to fail like this? How can I prevent it?
  2. What alternatives to tile do I have that won't have grout? I have seen these fake marble looking slaps in showers but I don't know where to get them. How do these hold up over time? They look really easy to clean. I am looking for some material that looks nice, holds up well, and it not outrageous in price.

Thanks, Gary

Reply to
GaryH