Shower stall help?

Because our manufactured home was delivered last week, we're now scrambling to get everything done so we can move in soon. (Maybe two months, we hope.) You folks have been so gracious and helpful so far, I hope you don't mind me popping in here with more questions.

I just put a small blog entry with two pics of the shower they put in. Ideally, I'd like a roll-in shower, but money is getting tight, so I'm looking for a way to make this shower usable without spending thousands on it. If you have a minute, would you look at the pics and let me know if you can think of a way to make this 60" shower a full

60" without those molded seats? I can use the shower if I can just get rid of those two seats. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Maxi

Email addy upon request.

Reply to
maxinemovies

There is NO WAY to modify that shower. Sorry.

Your options are

1) Live with it 2) rip it out and put in a barrior free shower, google turned up this
as the first hit from
Have a custom shower built. This may involve a base similar to those shown in the first link in option 2 but with tile walls or a completely custom shower enclosure.

Obviously option 1 is the cheapest, probably number 2 is second cheapest.

Reply to
No

I don't know fiberglass, so can't address altering the wall unless to remove it all and put in tile :o) Rather than remove the seats to accomodate the shower chair, can the shower chair be altered to fit on top of the seat? Don't really know enough about your method of transferring/seating in shower to figure what to do. Transfer to and from the chair alone? MUST remove both of the molded seats? I can be dangerously creative, and am retired nurse, so moving people is old had. I just would like to know more about your plan. Good luck! Looks like you have a marvelous spot for your new home :o)

Reply to
Norminn

Thanks. I've already looked at those and more like them. It's not just the cost of the shower, but also the cost of having someone rip out the old one and install the new one. I was hoping not to have to go through all that again. (Been there, done that, had nightmares over it.)

If I must, I must, but I had my fingers crossed that there might be another way.

Maxi

Email addy upon request.

Reply to
maxinemovies

Thanks. We love it out there.

The shower needs to accomodate two of us. I'm concerned about the safety of possibly removing a leg from the shower chair so that it can perch on that seat in there. Plus, there needs to be enough room in front for my husband to be in there, too. Because he lifts me into the shower, we can't reach the seats that are there now, and a patient lift can't deal with the front ledge on the bottom. So we either have to get those molded seats out so we can use my shower chair (which is the kind that stretches in and out of the tub so I can sit on it outside the tub and slide over into the tub or shower) or rip out the whole thing and start over.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Maxi

Email addy upon request.

Reply to