shower stall drain leaks

The drain of my shower stall leaks. The first floor ceiling right underneath the shower stall has water marks.
Can this be fixed from the second floor or do I have to cut open the ceiling to fix the leak?

Depends. If the leak is at the flange, you have a shot to seal it from up top. Anything else, you have to open the ceiling. I'd probably open it up to be sure anyway.
John Smith wrote:

It depends on the construction. Mud set? Fiberglass? Something else?
John Smith wrote:

Hi, Main cause could be the shower stall base not being sturdy.

How do you Know its the drain since you havnt seen it leak, you dont, you wont until you cut a hole. Several I have seen were just a small crack in grout or poor caulk somewhere. Fix any small crack first, get a cheap moisture meter to see if it worked, or cut a hole but dont be suprised if the drain is ok.