Shower stall door leaks water

Its the usual shower stall with a frosted door about 5' high.

I have tried everything I could think of i.e. caulking, bathroom strips but the problem doesn't seem to go away...everytime we use the shower stall, water is leaking out from the bottom. I have tried to plug all chinks I can see with even drywall spackle but in vain.

There IS a small 0.25" clearance gap between the shower stall door and threshold, there is a metal lip that should let the water slide back into the stall but some of it still leaks out and wets the bathroom carpets which leaves a musty smell and a mess outside...

Any ideas/tips welcome. Thanks!

Reply to
amolvb

Drywall is not water proof. Caulk is.

Reply to
Art

If You tried waterproof materials and treated every possible leak You can see,how about what You ca'nt see? Have You lifted the doors out and inspected the bottom of the track? If it is damaged I do'nt know of any repair other than replacement..The bottom track should catch water and channel it back into the tub.

Reply to
Dean