shower stall bottom half inch crack

My shower stall has a half inch crack. It is about 8 inches from the drain. Lowe's and Home Depot has fiber glass repair kits but those are for holes, I think, not for small cracks.
How do I repair a small crack? Thanks.
John Smith wrote:

Uh, 1/2" x 8" is not a small crack. It is a failure. Bite the bullet, get it replaced, and get it over with. A crack in the field like that means insufficient support below. Not to mention, it has likely been leaking for awhile, and you have subfloor problems to deal with. Is there finish space below? Can you get to the bottom side of shower and look for traces of a leak?
-- aem sends...

What he said...
Red Green wrote:

that he meant a 1/2" long crack, 8" from the drain....
Same advice still holds, but he may be able to buy a few weeks (to save up $ and get people in for estimates) by roughing up the area, degreasing it, and hitting it with epoxy or something. It'll look like hell, but if can get something to stick to the gelcoat, it may keep the water in.
-- aem sends...
aemeijers wrote:

Might want to reread that.. ;-)