Shower shelf

Hey all,
I just attached a wire corner shelf in my shower. The shower surround is laminate over drywall, and I used some molly-type bolts that required a 1/2" drilled hole and came with a plastic sheath that serves as a sort of cover for the 1/2" hole.
I'm looking for a way to caulk over the sheaths and maybe the bolts so that the thing is completely waterproof (required) and not completely ugly (optional). I put a ring of silicone caulk around the sheaths, but it looks like a little silicone volcano. I'm thinking of embedding some kind of little plastic cap in the wet caulk, like the cap on a toilet bolt. Better ideas?
-S

What about the plates that are used where water lines come out of the wall, I think they are usually shrome, but they could be painted to match the shower wall color.

Good thought. Those are a little too large for the job, but something along those lines would be good.
Can I just caulk right over the screw heads?

What about those centering washers that center the screws in the middle of the washer. They come in all sizes and look ok. Otherwise silicone rubber and mold to shape with wet hands after the surface has skimmed over.

I ended up using vinyl washers with a diameter large enough to cover the hole. I ran a bead of caulk on one side of the washer and pressed it up against the wall, then ran the bolt through. Looks decent, and seems waterproof. Thanks for the idea!