Shower runs for 15 secs approx 40 mins after I shut the water off.

I will be sitting down approximately 40 mins after I finish showering and I will here the shower going for about 10 - 15 seconds then it stops.

Should I be concerned enough to call a plumber to check out or an exorcist ?

The shower valve is one of those built in 180 degree turn models in a tile setting.

There can't be that much water in 15 seconds because the tub is bone dry several hours later.

Thanks.

Reply to
in2itive

No. Simpler solution. Don't sit down.

Reply to
mm

Is this a hand held shower head connected with a hose? Is it actually "running" or is it just water draining out? I ask because hand held shower heads connected with a hose usually have backflow preventer/ vacuum break. After the shower is shut off the vacuum break may release which will cause any residual water in the hose to runout. The timing will vary but 40 mins does not sound that far off.

Reply to
Eric9822

Thanks for the quick reply.

It is not a hand held hose model.. It is a built shower head with a S bend to make it taller. It also has the full daisy style shower head

So it could be that vacuum break that you mentioned. Thanks again.

Reply to
in2itive