shower rod

A few weeks ago I took the shower doors out and put up a curved shower rod like the ones you see in hotels. This rod is an adjustable tension type with an adjustment on one end to make it nice and secure.
The problem is somehow I lost the little plastic ring that goes in between the inside and outside rod which allows the curtain rings to glide over the junction smoothly. I tried putting clear packing tape there to cover up the crack but that only lasted a short while. How can I fix this? See picture.
https://drive.google.com/open?id 4RyxiIh1BYbMUpmYWVPY0k2aXM
On 03/19/2016 02:02 PM, badgolferman wrote:

Either use tape which is specifically waterproof...or use some clear RTV
On 3/19/2016 3:02 PM, badgolferman wrote:

O-ring
On 3/19/16 3:02 PM, badgolferman wrote:

Bet a helpless-blonde letter or email ("Gee I'm so dumb, guess what I managed to lose from my new shower rod that I love") to the mfr would bring you a new ring in the return mail PDQ ;-)
--
Legal gun owners in the U.S. possess over 300 million firearms and
trillions of rounds of ammunition. Seriously people, if they were a

I'd be interested in seeing the result of this. Some companies I've called have told me that, no, sorry, they're not set up for that. There is no long a "Mike" in the company who knows what the ring is, what bin it's in and how to ship it out.
--
charles

On Saturday, March 19, 2016 at 3:05:52 PM UTC-4, badgolferman wrote:

Pick up the phone.
They'll either send you a new ring for free or if not, chalk it up as an "oh shit" and pay for a new ring. Sure beats struggling with the curtain or trying a bunch of fixes that won't work.
How honest are you? Buy a new one, take the ring out and return the rest of it.
On Sat, 19 Mar 2016 14:02:39 -0500, badgolferman

or brass?

badgolferman wrote:

As a temporary fix I have cut off the wing of a dart flight which is smooth, pliable yet stiff, and taped it across the seam of the two rods with clear packing tape. It seems to be doing the trick for now.
Tomorrow I will call the manufacturer (Moen) and see if they'll help. I may even look into the compression fitting option mentioned by someone else.
On 3/20/2016 10:37 AM, badgolferman wrote:

Maybe the fitting wasn't with the rod when you bought it? You could take it back and get a rod that has the fitting.
--
Maggie

No, it was with it. I just don't know how it got lost. I looked all over the bathroom and peeked inside the rod but didn't see anything. I threw the box and receipt away before realizing there was a problem so in good conscience I can't take it back as defective.
On 3/20/2016 2:11 PM, badgolferman wrote:

OK ...
--
Maggie

On Sun, 20 Mar 2016 19:11:37 -0000 (UTC), badgolferman

Yea, if you do, God will strike you dead after forcing you to become a homeless alcoholic living in an alley, and eating at the Rescue Mission.
Oh wait..... You already do that, dont you?
You better get on your knees and REPENT, for even thinking about returning it!!!
And all of this because of improper packaging by the manufacturer ......
snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

It's called honesty and conscience, things you clearly lack.
On Sun, 20 Mar 2016 15:37:14 +0000 (UTC), "badgolferman"

Just take it back and tell them a part was missing, and get another rod. Talk about turning a gopher mound into a mountain! Geeeessshhhhhh!!!!
In typed:

Since it is a Moen, and not some noname-brand item, they may have the part that you need and be willing to send you one. Moen is known for that with their faucet products etc., so maybe they will do that for your curved shower rod.
Here's a link with the possible model numbers and the phone numbers for Moen: https://www.moen.com/shared/docs/product-specifications/csr2160sp.pdf
TomR wrote:

I called Moen yesterday and they asked me if it was a new installation which I answered yes to that. They are sending me anew one for free -- the entire shower rod assembley!
On 3/22/2016 8:29 AM, badgolferman wrote:

Classy company. If you had shorted them 2¢ though, they would charge you $11 for it.
In typed:

Wow, amazing! I always heard good things about Moen as far as free replacement parts etc.
badgolferman wrote:

So here's an update to the shower rod story.
I received the free replacement shower rod from Moen last week. Yesterday I finally found the time to unpack it and replace the one in my bathroom that is missing the plastic ring at the transition. When I opened the box I realized the new shower rod is not the compression type I have but instead is a permanent installation type. I didn't really want to drill new holes to install the new one so I just took the plastic ring out and planned to use that one to fix mine.
The ends of the shower rod have decorative cups that fit over the installation ends to hide that hardware. When I pulled one side off I found the plastic ring that had been missing all along! It seems the cup pulled it off the transition seam between the two rod sections. I pulled the plastic ring back down the rod and slid it into place. Everything is good now.
Now I have an extra curved shower rod that Moen sent me. I think I might just give it to a friend who has been talking about redoing his bathroom. As a gesture of gratitude to Moen I will make sure the next bathroom fixture I need will be purchased from them.