shower kit

Installing a 4 pc shower kit (base, back wall, twosides). Plumber installed rough plumbing and base. Checked base, it's level. I put the back wall up, but I can't get the side walls to sit flat. They are a quarter inch "up" in the back.

I can fit all three pieces perfectly when the are on the floor.

What gives?Installing a 4 pc shower kit (base, back wall, twosides). Plumber installed rough plumbing and base. Checked base, it's level. I put the back wall up, but I can't get the side walls to sit flat. They are a quarter inch "up" in the back.

I can fit all three pieces perfectly when the are on the floor.

What gives?

Reply to
radadguy

Most likely your walls aren't plumb. Check them for level from where the sides will sit on the base up. If both sides seem to be "up" a 1/4 inch at the back, it sounds like the back wall is probably the one that's out of plumb, "leaning" in at the top. When you push the sides in so they meet the back, you need to raise the bottom 1/4 inch to make them meet neatly. Does this sound like what's happening?

If so, you'll probably need to shim the back wall to make it plumb so the sides meet correctly.

Good luck!

Mark

Reply to
mwlogs

top, doesn't that mean that the wood framing is leaning in, would have to trim that out somehow? Another words, I shim there, I would just making it lean in more. If I shim the bottom, then the walls won't sit back far enough in the pan/lip.

Basically, I am glad I have a second bathroom to use.

Reply to
radadguy