shower install

Installing a 4 pc shower kit (base, back wall, twosides). Plumber installed rough plumbing and base. Checked base, it's level. I put the back wall up, but I can't get the side walls to sit flat. They are a quarter inch "up" in the back.
I can fit all three pieces perfectly when the are on the floor.
What gives?

How did you check the level of the base? It will have a slope towards the drain. Make sure the surfaces the sides and back mount on are level, not the floor of the base it's self.

it might not have anything to do with the base. if the sides have to fit tight to the back wall then my quess would be that the back wall is not plumb. So when you push the sides against the back it is tilting. you might have to trim the side peices on the bottom to fit better