shower head - repair wall mount handle

Could anyone help me on how to replace teh metalllic cylindrical shaft that mixes the water? It is a standard showerhead. I have taken-off the handle and round wall plate.
sam wrote:

Telling us the valve manufacturer's name or posting a link to a photo of it you upload somewhere would make a lot more sense than asking the way you just did, sam.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)