shower head leaks water every 6 - 12 hours

I have a shower stall with an American Standard single handle faucet and sh ower head. About 6 years old and for several years ever 6 - 12 hours the s hower head just leaks a bunch of water (a couple ounces) for no reason. I assume if the faucet was closing all the way I would be getting a more cons tant repeatable drip.
Is there a way I could better diagnose the problem?
Clearly there are only 2 possibilities, the shower head is somehow filling with water or the faucet has a tiny leak.
Thoughts?
On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 12:08:51 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I think there is only one possibility, the shower head is somehow filling with water and the faucet has a tiny leak.
Why it only comes out every 6 to 12 hours, I don't know. Air pressure?

the faucet has a tiny leak