shower head leaks water every 6 - 12 hours

I have a shower stall with an American Standard single handle faucet and sh ower head. About 6 years old and for several years ever 6 - 12 hours the s hower head just leaks a bunch of water (a couple ounces) for no reason. I assume if the faucet was closing all the way I would be getting a more cons tant repeatable drip.

Is there a way I could better diagnose the problem?

Clearly there are only 2 possibilities, the shower head is somehow filling with water or the faucet has a tiny leak.

Thoughts?

Reply to
nelson.timothy

I think there is only one possibility, the shower head is somehow filling with water and the faucet has a tiny leak.

Why it only comes out every 6 to 12 hours, I don't know. Air pressure?

Reply to
micky

the faucet has a tiny leak

Reply to