Shower Head Flow Rate

Page 2 of 2

I've done that!
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
How'd it work? You ever have a miserable thread and spend too long fighting with it? Had a leak when you put it back on?
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Had no problems.(only did it once,though.) I used one of those $5 low-flow heads that output a narrow cone of water. The entire shower head is only maybe an inch in diameter,it came with a rubber gasket to seal against the pipe.You can hand-tighten it and no leaks.Or did you mean the original head? I torqued that back down pretty good. 8-)
I actually bought it in Beaverton,Oregon,at one of the local big-box stores,along with a low cost channellock pliers,while out there for a 2 week training class. And well worth it.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

You had to go to a two week training class to learn how to change shower heads?
LOL!
BB
Dick wrote:

The water conservation issue is a hoax. First, there is plenty of water in the world. Second, more is being made every day as a result of fossil fuel combustion. Third, using water in toilets and laundry machines doesn't destroy it. Fourth, by putting water in your septic system or sewer, you are returning it to nature. Evaporation, cloud formation, precipitation, collection and use continue the cycle.

whether its a hoax or not, it still costs more to use more if they meter your water. use less, save money. no science needed.
randy
xrongor wrote:

I typically use 10,000 gal per quarter at $3.00 per 1000 gal. $30 per quarter. Conservation might cut this to $20 if I'm really lucky.
My guess is the fuel required to *heat* wasted hot water far outstrips the cost of the water itself.
On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 15:33:02 -0500, "William W. Plummer"

You are fortunate. We spend more than 3 times that on water. But, as I said earlier, saving water is not the issue. Saving the septic system is the goal.

If you're system is really so far gone that you've needed to pump it three times, you don't have a septic system anymore, you've got a holding tank.
William W. Plummer wrote:

way up.
ChrisGW

thats how ours works too. use more and you get nailed!
randy
xrongor wrote:

(yet).
William W. Plummer wrote: