Shower Grout Problem

I regrouted the floor of my shower, and I think there's a problem. The grout turns gray when wet, then white again when it dries (the old grout on the walls doesn't change color when wet). I used an unsanded white grout (Mapei), and sealed it too. Any ideas? Thanks.

Reply to
Ross Payne

"Ross Payne" wrote in news:4606bb2a$0$19400$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

Not a tile wiz but had the same issue once. If it's changing color it's getting wet. It's not being sealed. Try a different sealer.

Floor grout should be sanded grout BTW.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Thanks, Al. I did not know that the grout on the shower floor needed to be the sanded variety. Everything I read always said to use unsanded grout for the shower. Do you think it is worth the effort to regrout the floor for that reason?

Reply to
Ross Payne

"Ross Payne" wrote in news:460862a2$0$24735$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

As mentioned, not a tile wiz. Just an isolated experience here and there.

Go with what you read if you feel it's a reliable source. Possibly what I heard/read was only in regard to non-shower stall tile floors.

Reply to
Al Bundy