Shower floor won't drain properly.

I had a contractor finish my basement a while back(fly by night and can't be found). He installed a shower in the bath. He installed the shower floor in such a way that water is left standing after the water is turned off. My thinking is to remove as few of the tile in the shower floor as possible, grind out as little of the compound as possible used for the floor. After which I would replace the tile. Any thoughts?

Reply to
DK

Prozac

Reply to
Arts Homo Farm

DK

What U R saying is he removed the bath and then installed a shower..right?

Don't mean to be a smart --- but how bad or deep is the standing water..have U checked the plumb of the shower floor so U will know how much U would have to "taper grind"...around the drain...so all water drains when shower is shut off.

If the results of the plumb check indicates a major grinding and restoring of tile would be required, U might give thought to just putting in a sub floor over what is there. Know U know that if this is the route U take U have to rough the present floor so the overlay will adhere.

I would be surprised if a new floor could not be considered.

HTH

I've also been burned..long, long ago by "fly by night" jack of all trades

Reply to
TOOLD

Don't blame me, I wasn't there.

Reply to