Shower Flange for Angled Ceiling

I have a 1 1/2 story bungalow with an upstairs bath that has part of the slope of the roofline on one wall. There is a tub and with a shower. The shower the wall where the shower comes out of has about 4' of straight vertical wall, and then it pitches toward the roofline at about 45 degrees. It is in this 45 degree portion that the shower head pipe comes out of.

I just installed a new Moen Villeta kit, but the ring that goes over the pipe (show flange) will not work b/c it needs to go straight back to a flat surface. The pipe comes out of the wall perfectly horizontal, which means it cuts through the wall also at 45 degrees.

Is there a shower flange made for these applications, or will I have to have something machined?

Thanks for any advice.

Don

Reply to
DonO

Got a mitre box for the perfect 45 degree cut? Make something from a chunk of hardwood, and paint with several coats of exterior oil enamel. Voila.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Don,

Could you use a rotary tool or a simple file to enlongate the hole into an oval shape (file away the top and bottom evenly)? It shouldn't take much to allow the flange to sit tight against the 45 degree wall. You'll probably need to put some caulking or something behind the flange to hold it in place against the wall though, since it will essentially be hanging upside down. May need to tape it in place temporarily while the adhesive sets up.

Just a thought,

Anthony

Reply to
HerHusband