shower faucet diverter isnt working

I have a shower faucet that is diverting only half the water to the Shower head and half is still coming out.
behind the spout on the faucet are the letters WE in the hole behind the spout head on the bottom
how do i remove thos so i can repair the diverter?
it doesnt seem like it wants to come off
the diverter is a pull up type on the top of the spout
You don't repair the diverter, you replace the spout.

so how do i replace the spout?
i dont have to get into the tile or anything do I???
spout should be threaded on
so how do i replace the spout?
i dont have to get into the tile or anything do I???
sorry somehow i double posted sorry
so counterclock wise right ??
and how much pressure shoudl i put before i give up i dont want to break anything

Yes, counterclockwise. Amount of pressure- well, yeah, that is the question. Depends how long it's been on, did they use teflon tape, hardness of the water, etc. It should come off by hand, even if it takes a lot of pressure. You can get a little extra leverage by placing a screwdriver, or some other handle type device into the spout. Go slow. You should not need a wrench.
counterclockwise, wrap something like a cloth around spout then use pipe wrench.
cloth minimizes damage if for some reason you cant find replacement spout
so how do i replace the spout?
i dont have to get into the tile or anything do I???
note: if you have a problem finding the replacement diverter spout, just plug it and all the water will go to the showerhead. maybe it's a washcloth and a bungee cord while you wait for a plumber. or a temporary installation of a pipe nipple with a ball valve. you can look at quite a variety of plumbing parts in the virtual catalog at: http://www.hdsupply.com