shower drrain

I have leaking from my angel shower drain to my master bedroom for a while now. Do I have to tear apart everything... is it leaking probaby from flange? what is the best bet companies in N. America, Canada fo this?

Reply to
David McGeorge

Just guessing because I can't see the actual drain from here, but chances are you are correct and it is leaking from the drain flange. If the base is not solid and can flex a bit when standing in the shower, the flange and gaskets will loosen over time.

Since the ceiling below is probably damaged by now, I would cut a small inspection hole so you can look up and confirm the problem area. How you fix it will depend on the type of drain fitting. It *might* be possible to caulk the drain to the shower base from above, but I doubt this would be a permanent fix.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Need some more info. What kind (material) of shower pan. If it's plastic or the like, it's possible to repair or replace the drain fitting. If it's a tile/hotmop system, it's time to tear out the pan and have it re-done.

David McGeorge wrote:

Reply to
Inspector D

So Overall it is gonna cost me a lot and quiet damaging and messin my house but no choice I guesss... right man? and I am wondering how can I find the right guy to did it before?

Please advise

What are the biggest Plumbing companies in Canada US?

Reply to
David McGeorge

It is kind of Plastic my friend, please advise what's I should do? cost effective? Do I have tom call Mr. Rooter?

Reply to
David McGeorge

Dave, think about this, why would you call a company like mr.rooter?

you need to find out where the water is coming from, the door, the curtain, under the shower pan etc....

if its from under the pan, it most likely is the drain, call a plumber.

Reply to
Punch