Shower Door Magnetic Strips ?

Hello:

Have to replace the magnetic strips that are on our shower door enclosure, and have the following two questions, please:

a. The enclosure is pretty old, and all the replacement strips I've been able to find in our local shower and glass type places are too wide. Ours is 0.3 inches wide, and I guess they are using somewhat wider ones these days.

Obviously, these wider ones won't fit into the channel.

Anyone know of any mfg or sourse, possibly, for what we have now ? I did try a Google, but can't seem to come up with anything.

b. Is the strip that fits into the moving door's channel different from the strip in the fixed channel ? e.g., different polarity, etc. ?

Or, do both come off of the same roll, and are the same ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

Like this?

avid_hiker

Can you get some flexible refrigerator magnets and cut them to size? Then glue them on. (Only glue one side.)

Around here there is a big one glued to the Yellow Pages, and others people give out for advertising. If not that, someplace that makes refrigerator magnets and does printing and makes advertising buttons may have a small piece to sell you. Or a big piece.

Reply to
mm

Home Depot sells various kinds of magnets in their Hardware department. They have regular 'hard' magnets, rolls of flexible magnets and rolls of flexible magnets with adhesive on one side.

Vin - Old gold claims and mining district maps on-line at

OldRoads