Shower Diverter Problem

I have a tub/shower combo. Just recently I noticed (it's the kids bathroom) that only about half the water was coming out of the shower head and the rest out of the bathtub faucet. I figured it was a diverter problem (Waltec). I bought a new one and installed it and the problem remains. Is there a trick to installing on of these things? I have done it before with no problem.

maybe the shower head is partially clogged and puts too much pressure on the diverter? You might have mineral deposits built up in the head. Soak in vinegar or LimeAway to clean the head.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik